Blackjack is a much-loved game among online casino enthusiasts in Asia, with a particular following in Thailand. Whether playing in-person or online, this game is easy to understand but poses a challenge to players looking to win big.
The goal of the game is to beat the dealer by obtaining a hand with a higher value than theirs, without going over 21. Our team has created a comprehensive guide to help you play like a pro and increase your chances of winning.
How To Play Blackjack in Online Casinos
Playing blackjack in online casinos is similar to playing in-person, but there are a few differences to keep in mind. Remember to always play the game on a reputable online casino site to prevent fraud and to protect your personal data.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play blackjack in online casinos:
- Go to the blackjack games section of the casino to play. Depending on the online casino site, this is particularly easy to navigate.
- Place your bet by clicking on the chips and dragging them to the betting area.
- Click “Deal” to receive your two cards.
- Use the buttons on the screen to choose whether to hit, stand, double down, or split.
- Once you’ve made your decision, click “Stand” or “Double” or “Split” to finalize your move.
- If your hand goes over 21, you bust and lose your bet. If your hand is closer to 21 than the dealer’s hand without going over, you win your bet. If the dealer’s hand is closer to 21 than yours or they bust, you lose your bet.
Blackjack is also played differently in live dealer online casinos. When playing in a live dealer casino, you will be able to see one of the dealer’s cards, and you also have the option to place a side bet for the possibility of bigger payouts (although this is generally not recommended often). Make sure to take advantage of the multiple camera angles to view the game.
Ways to Win Blackjack
There are several strategies you can implement to increase your chances of winning online blackjack. Here are strategies you can implement when playing:
- Use basic statistics to calculate your odds
- Manage your bankroll to ensure that you do not lose more money than you can afford. Set a budget for yourself and stick to it
- Avoid increasing your bets when you are on a losing streak, and know when to stop.
- It is recommended that you refrain from splitting 4s, 5s, or 10s
- Split the aces
- Avoid insurance bets since they often may not be in your favor.